1000$ actually is not too small neither too large. If to know basic how market work, 1.000$ is more than enough. But if you want to make 10.000$ from 1.000$ it is a quite not easy task. So you need to ask yourself first what you going to make from 1000$? What is your goal
- Once you have your goal, then you find a tool, away to reach to your goal. Read about SMART goal, which stand for :
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
- Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
- In my personal, forex is more suitable for you. Actually forex market provide much more options than stock.